Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Worship

What do you think of when you hear 'worship'? Do you think of music - maybe a specific kind? Or do you think about a particularly vivid sermon? Maybe you think of prayer, missionary work, or another act of charity?

What if I said it was time for you to think of worship as all of that and so much more? See, to God, worship is any act that glorifies Him! And you can make any act glorifying to Him!

I once heard a quote that says, "If you catch on fire with enough enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn!" This is how we should worship the Lord - with enough enthusiasm to come for miles! Now, we often make the mistake of thinking that worship is about them - it's not. Worship is about God - and any worship that glorifies Him is pleasing to Him.

I have heard fights about what worship 'should' or what is or isn't Christian music - but, ultimately, the only things that makes something worship is the lyrics. God created all types of music, and we return thanks by worshipping Him using them!

So, when you go to work this morning, don't think about going to work for money, for your boss, for routine, for for your family. When you go to work, think that you are going to glorify God! In EVERY act you perform today, do it for God!

In His name I pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment