Friday, January 6, 2012

A Trust

Job lost everything he had. Abraham was asked to kill his son, Isaac. We see it all through the Bible: Joseph, Esther, Daniel, even Jesus. God gives us tests throughout our entire lives. After all, this life is a temporary assignment to prepare us for a much richer existence. Sometimes we fail these tests and sometimes we pass them. Look at Adam and Eve, they were given a task not to eat the fruit from the knowledge of good and evil. And that's just what they did.

Now, I know you're saying that Satan tempted them. The serpent talked them into it - now, first of all, how common was it for serpents to talk then? Didn't Eve say, "Hold on - that's talking, that's not right!" Anyway, our lives will be filled with Satan lurking around the corner - the Bible tells us that! It's these moments that we must remember our lives - instead of lives lets say 'training.' It's these moments when we must remember our training will have tests throughout it - and Satan wants nothing more than to deter us from our mission.

Now I don't say all this simply to warn you - I say this to remind you that if we put our trust in the Lord, if we lay all of our faith in God, these tests will be simple. It is our trust in the Lord that we need to strengthen.

I know I do! Certainly, I want to control of every bit of my life. And there are certainly moments when I should take control, but I need to relinquish so much more! I've often said, "Maybe if I stop looking at this. Maybe is I stop reading that. Maybe if I stop doing this. Maybe if I get this." Well, you know what? Maybe if I stop making excuses. Maybe if I just drop everything and say I'll try. I won't justify anymore. I won't postpone anymore. I find it easier to trust that God has control when everything is going great in my life, but when I start to loose the great feeling in my life I want to immediately try and grab the reigns of my life. When it's not even my life.

God trusted me with this life - I can equally return that trust and give back the life He gave me.


Sorry for the stringent seriousness, and lack of comedy. I just felt this is something I needed to say - and something I needed to hear.

Hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment